Hungary was famous for its world record trophies and hunting in this country is till now a nice experience. Our agency organizes hunting tours almost in the whole country.
Game Species You can hunt in Hungary:
Roe Buck (Deer)
We can arrange for you:
- booking your accomodation in a thermal hotel or hunting lodge if you wish,
- meeting you at Liszt Ferenc airport, transfer to the hunting field,
- arrangement of Budapest city tour or sightseeing in country side as you like,
- delivery of trophies to your address or destination you specify,
- settlement of hunting costs on hunting area before your departure, etc.
To the Attention of Citizens of European Community!
Changes from the 21st of December 2007
– No passport check
Hunters’ documents are not checked at borders any longer, however, the police of the
motorway checks travelers randomly. Hunters should have a gun license valid in EU for
transporting their shotguns.
– Documents Needed
Your traveling Passport or ID card issued by your country
Passport valid in EU for hunting guns
Invitation letter of Forst Hungaria Co.
– Importing shot guns to Hungary
Hunters do not need a gun import license to bring guns in the country any longer. Guns
may be transported only with European gun passport, as specified in the New York
On the territory of the EU there are no borders, thus there is no customs declaration,
however, according to the process in the EU mobile customs officers can check hunters
within 30 km from borders.
The same regulations apply to hunting as before. This means that hunters can participate in
hunts under the condition of signing a hunting contract. Contracts are to be made by
companies registered by the Hungarian Ministry of Economic Affairs. Furthermore,
hunters should have a hunting license and a hunting insurance. Only hunters who have a
hunter’s ticket valid in their country can sign a hunting contract. In case of killing a
protected animal, the hunter should pay the fine specified in the effective regulations.
– Veterinarian examination at borders
According to EU Directives trophies and bagged games are not examined by veterinarians.
Trophies and bagged animals may be exported from the country only in case of possessing
the trophy judgment card. Random checks are possible.
To the Attention of Hunters arriving from non-EU Member States
1. As the hunter can obtain a gun import license he should present the following documents
at the Hungarian customs:
invitation letter issued by Forst Hungaria Co. Ltd.
Hunter’s ticket valid in his own country
passport valid for period of travelling
2. To obtain a gun import license hunters must enter Hungary at the following check point:
Liszt Ferenc Airport, Budapest – declaration line. This license costs HUF 3600.-/gun,
and to be presented to the police during stay and to the customs at departure.
3. Hunters wishing to export trophies to non-EU state shall present the following documents
to customs officers at the crossing point where they leave EU:
trophy judgement ticket
veterinarian certificate (signed by an official veterinarian).
For further informations please feel free to contact us!